Tuesday, November 20, 2007

week 9 downloadable media

I searched HCPL's downloadable media site, and found some treasures that I never knew existed. I viewed the downloadable videos and found classics such as Bloodbeast Terror and Broken Blossoms. This technology is wonderful, since you can view classics that you cannot find in video stores or library collections. I find the format and organization of our downloadable media site to be user friendly. I believe that Wowio is equally user friendly as far as organization, and I also found treasures that I never knew existed such as Edgar Allan Poe's short stories "Assignation" and "Berenice". This downloadable media alerts to to more obscure literary works that are equally as enjoyable as better known works such as "The Raven" or "The Fall of the House of Usher." I wasn't too fond of LibriVox, since it wasn't not user friendly, and the media selection is not as substantial. I found the format to be boring.

No comments: